I absolutely love this spice blend. It works out wonderfully as a dry rub for summertime grilling. The flavor starts off with light notes of sweet lemon, followed by savory garlic and pepper, and finishes with a slight heat from cayenne pepper. Add it to chicken breasts, thighs, or legs. Apply it to pork chops as they come up to room temperature before slapping them on the grill. The taste of this is delicate enough that it could be added to fish (salmon, haddock, mahi mahi, etc) being cooked on the grill. Mmmmm…I just made myself hungry.
- 1 TBSP Dried lemon peel, minced
- 1 TBSP Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Place all ingredients in a small container and mix well.
- Use as a dry rub for summer grilling, about 1 TBSP of the blend per pound.
If you do not have the lemon peels and cracked pepper, you can use an already-made lemon pepper seasoning. Please note: If your lemon-pepper seasoning already has salt in it, DO NOT ADD the sea salt! It will make your seasoning overly salty.
© Julie Marie Pierpont and Death Defying Diet 2013-Present