The Hubster and I love ground chicken. It’s lean, mostly easy to prepare, and absolutely scrumptious when paired with the right spices. One night, I was recovering from an especially bad migraine due to a bad storm rolling through. So dinner fell upon the Hubster to create and prepare. He decided to whip up some Chicken Sliders, seasoned with our very own Garam Masala spice blend to go with Diane Sanfilippo’s (of Balanced Bites) Easy, Grain-Free Zucchini Cakes.
It was quite a surprise and terribly delicious. Plus, the whole thing settled well on my stomach as it was pretty upset still with the migraine slowly fading away. The ground chicken isn’t spicy, but quite aromatic, and not at all greasy. I absolutely recommend the combination. The Zucchini Cakes can serve as a bun-less, grain-free option for those of us who’re sensitive/allergic to gluten to go with the Chicken Sliders. I like to put my little patties on top of the zucchini pancakes, like an open-faced sandwich.
My only advice is to cook the Zucchini pancakes first before going onto the chicken burgers (or make them the night before and reheat). They take a while to whip up. Then wrap with parchment paper and place in the oven at 200°F to keep warm. They are quite worth the effort to prepare and cook them as they are filling and the perfect compliment to our spiced chicken sliders.
If you have sweet relish or Indian relish, use it as a condiment. It adds a tasty sweetness to balance out the savory. Serve these for lunch, dinner or appetizers.
- 1 lbs. Ground Chicken
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 TBSP of Our Garam Masala blend
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1-2 TBSP Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Add all of your ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well with your hands to combine.
- Separate into eight thin, slider-sized patties, about 2-3 oz. each.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat and add your oil to the pan to coat.
- Place patties in the skillet. Use spatula to press down on the patties and flatten more for even cooking.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on both sides, or until the meat is nicely browned and no longer pink.
- Follow the Instructions for Balanced Bite's Easy Grain-Free Zucchini Pancakes.
- Serve with Zucchini Pancakes (as buns or as a bed for the patty) and Sweet Pickle Relish! Yum!
Cook your zucchini pancakes first. Wrap with moist paper towels and place on a baking sheet. Keep warm in the oven at 200° while you finish making the chicken curry patties.
Serve with sweet cucumber relish. Trust us, this is delicious!
© Julie Marie Pierpont and Death Defying Diet 2013-Present