Here are some rudimentary recipes that everyone should know how to make, with many still in progress due to simply having not taken a picture of them yet. Many of these flavors are used to enhance the dishes found in the Death Defying Diet kitchen. I’ve included the instructions on each link without the hassle of perusing through an entire recipe for them for most of these, but some are imbedded in a recipe. Use these in some of your own culinary designs! More will be added as they’re developed.
- Tomato Sauce
- Hollandaise Sauce: The perfect topping for Egg’s Benedict!
- Red Curry: Located within this recipe for eggplant chicken red curry lasagna.
- Tzatziki (Greek Cucumber)
- Maast-o Khiar (Persian Cucumber)
- Soy-free Teriyaki: Located within this recipe for stir-fry
- Tikka Masala
- Portobello Mushroom Caps: Directions to clean and prepare Portobello Mushroom caps are located within the recipe for Egg’s Benedict.
- Simple Vinaigrette for Salads
- Cherry-Strawberry and Onion Vinaigrette: Located within the Mind-Blowing Cherry-Strawberry Balsamic Chicken recipe.
- Dairy-free Buffalo-Garlic Dressing/Dipping Sauce
- Cocktail Sauce: Simply add equal parts horseradish to your paleo ketchup.
- Honey Mustard Sauce: Mix together 1 TBSP of local, raw honey with 2 tsp Dijon Mustard. Add fresh, cracked pepper if desired.
- Chicken: Better Than Yo’ Mama’s Chicken Broth
My Favorite Spice Blends:
- Blackening Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Chili Powder
- Fajita Seasoning
- Garam Masala
- Italian Seasoning
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Simple Summer Seasoning
- Sweet Italian Sausage Seasoning: Located within the recipe for Paleo Scotch Eggs.
- Taco Seasoning
Rubs and Marinades:
- Spicy Mustard Coffee Rub: Located within the recipe for Spicy Mustard Coffee Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin.
- Dairy Free “Yogurt” Marinade: Located within the recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala
Random Need-to-Know Information:
- Instead of gluten-free bread crumbs, dehydrate plantain or banana slices. Then crumble the dried chips to crumb-like consistency with a food processor. Use this to replace anything calling for breadcrumbs! Trust us, you won’t taste the banana or plantain.